Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The Magic of ALI

A few weeks ago, ALI had a "super discount sale" ,  rumored to be due to human error from a broker at ATR.  Stocks were sold @14, 2 Pesos lower from the ongoing price at around 16 per share.  PSE index had a major pulldown that day because of ALI.  Eventually, ALI pulled back up the following day when it was traded at around 15 during the opening (and even rose further upwards).

After trading back at "normal" levels, ALI had been silently moving towards its upward direction.  Thinking that I should move in back to property stocks, I was able to reposition myself with ALI, albeit on a slightly earlier time.

And so I was a bit sad realizing that I still need to practice more on my buy and sell indicators/strategy.  Since I didn't expect ALI to bounce back upwards as it is still on its RSI high, I had just been monitoring my EDC shares hoping to find a good exit.


My dental appointment was scheduled on this day, so I had no choice but to leave my stocks and hope that nothing bad would happen abruptly.  Today was also a tennis day for me and my friend, so I was only able to go home at around 5pm.

Lo and behold!  I got amazed that ALI had been traded at 18 during closing!  This gives me around 7% paper gain in only 1 day!  And since my picking of ALI yesterday was based mainly on my decision, I felt proud of myself.  (But I think it's really just luck! hehe)up:gucci handbags

BUT... one should not count the golden eggs yet, as this is still just a paper gain.  Going back to the Time Sales, I found out that ALI was trading at 16.9 then jumped to 18 at the close.  The trade started with a cross-sale within S.B. Securities, then lots of brokers participated in the killing.  DBP-Daiwa bought solidly while ATR had cross trades in the millions.

This is a very interesting sight for me, since I still have my shares with me.  The big question is, could I be able to sell at the 18.xx price point?  Target: Lock in on profits, sell @18!

0 comments :

Post a Comment