Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Short Term -> Medium Term

I started trading while being a bum and so I had plenty of time playing with the stock market.  Now that graduate studies eat most of my time,  I think it is now time to shift from short term trading to medium term.  My definition for medium term would be at least 1 week to 1 month.up:gucci handbags

Anyway, September has been good to me as I was able to lock in greater profits as compared to my maiden month.  Being bullish in this market, I have increased my stakes hoping to take advantage of higher returns.

For the past 2 weeks, mining stocks were in play but I didn't join in.  Instead, I started investing on Power since these are the fundamentally good yet relatively cheap stocks as based on COL's assessment on each FV.

As of today, my current portfolio is composed of:
EDC - 40%
FGEN - 25%
MPI - 25%
SCC - 10%

SCC went back down to 137  (PD: aep@138.8), and I am thinking if I should buy more.  Though this stock has a huge resistance at 143, and a breakout signal at 145.

MPI just met up with its 1yr resistance at 3.8, but still needs to have a convincing breakout at around 3.9 before it goes to reach the 4.xx level.  I might need to sell if it bounces downwards from resistance; hold if otherwise. Or, since Doyts is heavily buying on MPI,  the time that they sell, would be the time that I should sell too!

FGEN remains to be a laggard, also meeting some resistance at 14.  I think FGEN is just slowly consolidating before it pumps up again.  Currently doing sideways.

0 comments :

Post a Comment