Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Major Shakeout

The market had experienced a major shakeout today as most stock prices had a gap up during opening then suddenly lowered down in the middle.  It was supposed to be a good time to buy stocks but the bearish people (me included) are already scared to re-enter the market immediately.  Apparently, prices went back up for some strong stocks but was not able to continue breaking the 4k mark on the PSEi.

Perhaps there was a rush to break the 4k mark for the PSEi, and then people decided to take in profits which eventually led to the index's momentary fall.

I still feel strong for my SCC despite being shaken down to 134.  It's good to note that it has taken back its position closing at 139 (at least) for 14% of today's volume trade.   A bit of a warning though for SCC, as it nearly showed a bearish engulfing signal.  MACD also registered lower divergence.  The crossing and positive divergence remains to be good for the stock, so it's a make or break.up:gucci bags

I was able to enter FGEN during the dip as it reached my first signal buy of 12.5, considering the gap up at the opening. In hindsight, re-entering EDC @1.4, even @1.32 could have been better.  It seems I have been to pre-occupired by the shakeout and fear got me.  Anyway, fundamentally, FGEN could be better since it still has a long way to go towards its target price at 19; as compared to EDC's 7.54 (COL).

DOW-J is currently positive (+30) as of this writing.  I honestly don't know what to do now, but for now I guess holding would be a good decision.  I really need to fix my schedule (trading, tutoring and studying).

PD:
50% cash
40% SCC
10% FGEN

0 comments :

Post a Comment