Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Pivot Points

I am now trying to make use of pivot points to determine my buy and sell signals.  I also confirm if these signals would act as support or resistances by using Fibonacci Retracements.

For my first try, I felt that MPI would reach a resistance and would eventually go back down.MPI pivot point was at 3.92, but I mistakenly saw Doyts selling MPI on the ticker, making me sell at 3.87.  The stock price actually reached 3.95 before going down to 3.80 at the close.

On the buy side, I waited for the nearest lower pivot point to be my buy signal.  As I left the terminal at around 11am, I was no longer expecting my orders to be hit.  As I have finally arrived back home, I'm surprised that my portfolio is currently brimming with new stocks: AP, CMT and additional shares of EDC. Since I started posting these orders at around 1030am, my entry prices are more or less equivalent to closing prices.

I am still bullish with the power sector as evidenced by my more than half of my stocks: EDC, FGEN and AP.  CMT is a "cement stock" which are currently in play right now.  This time, I wouldn't want to miss the train (assuming it still remains on the green).

So far, my portfolio is still on the green thanks to my hold with EDC and FGEN.  By tomorrow, we shall see if my decision of entering to AP and CMT would actually pay off.up:gucci handbags

PD: (considering 50% increase in cash investment)
EDC - 30%
AP- less than 20%
CMT - less than 20%
FGEN - less than 20%
SCC - more than 5%
cash - more than 5%

0 comments :

Post a Comment