Friday, September 3, 2010

Freedom!

What a boo-boo!  I have deleted a subdomain on my web account, and it seems that my Trade On wordpress blog has been linked to its database!  Now I'm back here at blogspot, and good thing there is an undelete function.  Unfortunate to me, this week's posts have been gone to waste!  I hope I would be able to return to it soon.up:gucci bags

Anyway, this week has been good for PSE in general, as most stocks came up on a rise.  This is due to a favorable gain from DOW-J.

As I had been reeling in the beginning for having a reddish portfolio by the end of August,  this Friday, I was able to unload 75% of my hold while the remaining one is on the green.

Next week, I'll be on the lookout for good buys on the market.  I promise to myself that I shouldn't enter unless I'm going to be sure of it.

PD:
On 9/2:
- sold JGS @ 18.78  for a small net profit of 1.62%.  If I have waited just a day longer, 9/3 closed at a high of 19.5 (5.5%!)  I was holding this stock too long, which led me to be eager on releasing it ASAP.

- I nearly sold EDC at break-even, but COL became buggy at my end, disabling me to trade that day.  It turned out to be a good thing as EDC went up high the next day and closed @5.02 giving me some paper profit.


Today:
- sold DMC for a net profit of 4.33%.  It had a breakout closing at 23.2, that could have been 7.1% net.
- sacrifice sale of DGTL @ 1.42 for a loss of 2.46%.

Although I am happy now that I have cash on hand for future buys, at the same time having positive net gain, I still need to learn more on proper exits.  One notable mistake would be my eager trading at the early rounds.  I have sold my shares even before 10am.  I still need to learn on how to be patient, and wait on the prices to become stable.  Being too early cost me the chances of enjoying the breakout.

0 comments :

Post a Comment