Thursday, August 12, 2010

Hard Exit

My portfolio is currently full having 4 different kinds of stocks and no more cash available for investment.  I allot 4 slots for my portfolio, but ideally I should hold on to 2 slots while half of my investment is cash.  Being cash ready would mean I can enter any stock that I would want to invest in especially when one goes cheap.up:gucci handbags

One of the major challenges in short term stock trading is knowing when to enter and exit.  Though I've decided to sell my ALI shares, it was unfortunate that with the drop of DOW, prices of shares went down.  Basically I'm currently stuck with all my shares now, waiting for the prices to go up again.

I've been holding ALI for almost a month now, bought it at a good price @14.25 and now it's current support is 15.25.  In hindsight, I should've sold it when it reached its short term resistance @15.8.  Now, it went down to support.

Seems like a major downtime for PSE today, currently 40 pts down as I write this blog.  Could've been a great time to buy.

0 comments :

Post a Comment