Sunday, January 30, 2011

FDC Countermeasure

FDC broke my heart, but I still believe in the fundamentals of this stock.  The problem is that it has low float, thus can be easily abandoned by impatient short term traders.  As a consolation, at least I didn't put much yet on this stock and so there is still room to add for more, if I really choose this to be one of my core holdings. (Current core: AP and EDC).

Here is the 1 year chart where I may plan to buy more shares once an STS buy would be triggered.

Reasons why I still believe in this stock:
1.) Undervalued, with current P/E at 10x.
2.) Impending IPO for one of its earning subsidiaries: EastWest Banking.
3.) FDC plans for a 2PO but would not want to sell at current low prices.  This 2PO is needed in order to increase the company's float from less than 10% to about 33%.
4.) Intact earnings, with sugar having high prices this year.  (subsidiary: Pacific Sugar Holdings).

0 comments :

Post a Comment