Thursday, October 21, 2010

Cement Stuck

Got into a bull trap with CMT almost a month ago, after buying the stock in response to its long green candle the previous day.  Right now, as the market is consolidating, I have decided to take my loss and hopefully position to a more reliable stock.  I am starting to analyze some financial reports on these companies, and cement stocks like CMT may be as speculative as the mining stocks.  With the bull market today, I would rather place my bets on the usual winners.

Earlier this morning, there was a bomb threat at the PSE building; thus, trading got halted.  I have posted my sale order for CMT at 1.86, then suddenly Asia Sec bought up at the close, from the trading price of 1.81 to 1.88.  I think this had also happened during the past few days as CMT was trading at low volume, but maintained green candles at the close.  Something's cooking in here, but I'd rather stay away from now.  It may be possible that CMT will go high in the coming days, but this may just be because of a jockey.

Meanwhile, my "buy on the news" ORE have reached a max paper gain of 11% on its 3rd day!  Although it has already retracted back at 3.43 at the close.  When I was still monitoring the market this morning, ORE was at the 3.53 level.  It would have stayed that way if only PSE did not resume trading at 1pm hehe. 

Checking on the time sales, looks like JAP has started unloading his ORE.  hmm...  or maybe the weak hands are starting to fall off? ;)  ORE shows a shooting star. :-?

EDC seems to be still in consolidation.  pfffft.

URC seems to be another bull trap for me.  Although at least I got in with the first dip, so so far, not yet too far away from my entry.  Low volume trades put this into a Trade the Range.


Prospects (shift from CMT loss):
SCC - foreigns are still selling (JPMorgan & ATR).  Temporary gains might still be weak.  Trade the Range.
DGTL - I still want to take revenge on this stock. hehehe.  Formed a hangman on today's trade, showing indecisiveness.  It might be up or down for tomorrow.  Macquarie seems to be accumulating.  I am buying on the first dip.

0 comments :

Post a Comment