Saturday, July 30, 2011

July 2011 Performance

I shall now adopt the use of NAVPS (Net Asset Value Per Share), just like the ones used in mutual funds, in monitoring the performance of my portfolio.  The reason behind this is that investment funds may come in and out of my portfolio; thus, it would be hard to automate the percentage gains and losses.  By applying a NAVPS system, the performance of the fund would no longer be dependent on the nominal value of the investment.

And so to be consistent, I have set my YTD (Year to Date) at June 2011 with a par of 1000 per share.  Anything above 1000 means a gain from my initial investment fund as of the start of the midyear.  So far this is the result:

July 2011 NAVPS:  1051.6849  --> a 5.17% gain from June.  July marked the start of the bullish trend of the PSE, as the index broke out of its consolidation pattern (sideways trend).  Hopefully, the bullish performance shall continue as I have increased my exposure in equities up to 70% (of my asset portfolio). 18% is in a bond fund and the rest on savings.

Below is the distribution of my trading portfolio c/o Bloomberg:
The biggest chunk remains to be AP (Power) which comprises 23.11% of my portfolio, followed by FDC (Holdings) and LC (Mining) at 17.67% and 13.66% respectively.

LPZ is a non-performer as I got stuck with it, but there seems to be a trend forming now, hopefully towards the upwards direction.  NI was mainly a technical play; however, I just got caught in its bullish trap.

0 comments :

Post a Comment